It’s time for a change.
In 2012, the federal government gutted Canada’s environmental safety net, leaving Canadians and the environment at risk and showing that it is out of touch with our priorities.
Canada's new government has made a number of election commitments to repair strengthen Canada’s environmental laws, including to:
- Restore protection of our waterways,
- Strengthen protection of fish and fish habitat,
- Reform our environmental assessment process,
- Establish a formal tanker-ban on BC’s north coast, and
- Give the public more say in environmental decision-making.
What will it take to implement those promises?
Building stronger, lasting environmental legal protection requires a network of informed, connected and mobilized people who are willing to get involved and make their voices heard.
Join Canadians from coast to coast to coast calling for strong legal protection for our democracy, our health, our waters, our fish and wildlife, and for a climate-safe future.
With your support, we can:
- Ensure the federal government takes meaningful action to protect the things Canadians rely on for their health, livelihoods and democratic rights, like a healthy climate, clean water, habitat protection and the right to have a say in decisions that affect them.
- Send the message to all political parties that Canadians will not stand for the dismantling of environmental legal protections.
Canada needs your help. Pledge to work with us to rebuild and strengthen Canada's environmental laws.